Sunday, August 2, 2015

Crazy Charlie Is Born

June 10th, 1983

  To whom it may concern...
I have written these letters in vain for three years. I know now that no person will read them. These words are purely for my own insanity. For I am surely sliding into madness. My relentless search for the truth has led me to this breaking point. Do you hear the cries? I do. I hear their cries around me every hour on every day. An evil resides in Hopestown. Underneath the smiling faces and warm demeanors. It has a face, but I cannot see it. My vision is blurred by terror. I have spoken of cults, but it's not that simple. It's evil, I have seen EVIL! In the woods, by Vandez Bridge. There are people in town who want to believe me, but they are frightened. They understand that the darkness will come for them if they listen to me. Deputy O'Fallon paid that price. I told him everything: the sacrifices in the woods, the altar under the bridge, the strange hooded people at the camp...my God, he believed me. And he paid the price. Now, he's dead and the evil is after me. I can hear their cries turning into screams! When I sleep, it comes for me. I am terrified, but I'm not going to run. I can't. There is only one true beacon of goodness in Hopestown. Dansby. I can only pray he's too strong for it. Because it will come for him.
  Someone is trying to open the camp. I won't let that happen. I can't. I will warn them and if that does not sway them...I will destroy the camp. Forgive me. God save us all.
           Charles Whitford Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment