Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ike Hollis - 12 (June, 1985)

Dear God, 

Well, I leave for camp in four days and I couldn’t be more excited! It seems like only yesterday that I prayed on it and made the decision to attend Camp Silver Bear. Of course my parents were concerned, and all the kids in youth group keep asking me why I decided to attend a secular summer camp instead of Camp Cross, which I’ve been at the last two years -- and I’m sure I don’t need to explain to you, Lord, what I had to tell them. This is my chance to do something GOOD with my faith! All those kids at Cross have already made up their minds. It’s likely that Silver Bear campers my age -- and even some of the counselors -- have not accepted you into their hearts, and all they need is someone like me to show them how awesome you are! 

And boy am I prepared! I packed three bibles: my annotated teen study bible (don’t leave home without it, haha), my pocket New Testament in case we go on any long hikes, and my King James for Kids -- in case I meet any campers who need it spelled out for them. I know there will be a lot of temptations at a camp like this. It’s co-ed, so I’m sure there will be a lot of girls who will want to have sex. But don’t worry and DON’T doubt me! My faith has never been stronger, and Brother Rick has given me a lot of advice on how to deal with doubt and what-not. 

So you better go to the bathroom now, Lord. Beginning Wednesday, you’re going to have A LOT of business!

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Ike

No comments:

Post a Comment