Friday, June 26, 2015

Sarah's Fun Teacher

June 26th, 1985

Dear Mom,
  I know this is the second time I'm writing to you in a week, but I still hate it here. It's hot and dirty and all of the classes are dumb. But I do like the arts and crafts classes. Our teacher is Mr. Tyrone, but he tells us to call him Mr. Tay. He is really really funny. He keeps calling everyone sugar and he always wears big, shiny rings and neon yellow sunglasses. Even inside! Mr. Tay doesn't make us build the usual camp stuff like baskets or birdhouses. In his classes, we're making colored sashes and glittery shoulder pads. Mr. Tay is also the director of the midsummer play and he says we are doing something called Allmendayus, or something like that. He told us s to forget what we know about it because he wrote music for it. Mr. Tay is having auditions next week! You know how much I want to be in a musical! I still hate it here, but it's getting a little better.
                         Love,
                            Sarah xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment