Wednesday, July 1, 2015

"Mr. Tay" Tyrone Theodore Banks III -Camp Silver Bear Arts Instructor - 22

1 July 1985

  Ooh Wee! Sweet Georgia Brown, do I have my work cut out for me! I can see this show so clearly in my mind, but Lord knows the other counselors don’t give two shits about Amadeus: Live and Alive, so it’s going to be up to me and those kids to pull this whole production together. It’s a good thing I’ve got all the songs ready to go, but I still have to decide if I’m going to play Salieri or the father. The kids last year loved me as Dorothy from the Wiz, but I wanna break some barriers this summer. So no white face, Tay Tay! Lord, little Jimmy Barnes was a handful today at auditions. That kid won't stop messing around with those little girls to save his life. But he may just be my perfect Mozart. Maybe I can get Dave to come in and straighten him out, ‘cause ain’t nobody straighter than Dave. And I think he has a newfound appreciation for me since I was able to drive the bus back to camp on Saturday night. I didn't drink and Dave knows he can count on my pretty ass to be there when he needs. Ooh Wee! I ain't blind, sugar! 
  And don't even get me started on the costumes! There’s just so much still to do! Calgon, take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment